Friday, October 3, 2008

Hidden Secrets

Ok. I've been writing this in my head for a while. Here goes...(this is just a part of it.)


Alaina looked up from her work to her cell phone, which was vibrating. The creature she was studying- a vampire, as it turned out- glared at her from the cameras.
"You said I wouldn't be in here for more than a week!" She growled. "And I can hear that stupid peice of metal vibrating! Turn it off." Alaina sighed, then answered the phone.
"Hello?"
"Lani!" A deep voice said.
"Hi, Jess. I'm kind of working right now..."
"Oh, you're pathetic! Working? In a secret government facility that's underground that the humans-" She sneered the word humans, "don't know about. Even as they notice that some of their kind go missing every now and again, or they realize they have a cut that they've never had before and they now have. Put that phone down now!" The vampire screamed.
"Who's that?" Jess, Alaina's fiance, asked.
"Oh, just a girl at work." Alaina lied smoothly. "But I do have to go. Sorry, Jess. I'll see you when I get home, okay?"
There was a pause. "Yeah, okay, Lani." Jess sounded sad now.
"I'm sorry Jess, I know I've been really busy with work."
"At least the wedding is soon. Then you have to get a break!"
"Yeah, that would be cool... I'll talk to you later, okay?"
"Okay. Bye, Lani."
The line went dead. Alaina snapped the phone shut.
"Finally!" The vampire snapped. "Now let me out before I come out there and kill you myself."
"That's impossible, Halraia(Halraya), those walls are two feet thick and solid lead."
"And I could rip through that when I'm half dead. Let me out or I'll get out myself."

"Surprise!"

It was Jess.

"Jess! What- What are you doing here?!" Alaina asked her voice high in panic.
"I brought you pizza! What are you studying today?" Jess put the pizza on the counter in front of Alaina on her desk, kissing her on the cheek. He looked up on the monitors. "Who's in there?" He asked.
"Jess-"
"A vampire is in here. Can't you tell my species when you see one?"
"Vampires don't exist, chick! Get a job!" Jess laughed. Halraia growled deep in her throat and attacked the camera; gray fuzz came up onto the screen.

Sounds of metal ripping echoed through the lab.

Alaina turned to Jess.
"You're about to leave the world you know behind," She said, her eyes telling Jess she was sorry.
"You mean... this is real?"
She nodded.
"You work with monsters?!"

3 comments:

Decemberflower said...

i love it, keep writing. also, you need to write chapter 10 of BMBTR

Decemberflower said...

No really, you do. i'm getting impatient.

Decemberflower said...

so get to it please?!